NASHVILLE'S HISTORIC FIREHALL NO.18
A Repurposed Historical Landmark Housing Local Retail & Office Space
HISTORY / ABOUT
Recently listed on The National Register of Historic Places, Historic Fire Hall for Engine Co. 18 was built in 1930 and proudly served East Nashville as a fire station for nearly 60 years.
After falling into disrepair and neglect, in 2011 it suffered a devastating fire. A demolition order was placed on the fire hall by Nashville Codes as it was deemed unsafe and structurally unsound.
It was put on Historic Nashville Inc.’s “Nashville Nine” list of the city’s most endangered historic properties. Many fought to keep the Historic Landmark from being destroyed and lost forever. It sat boarded up, deteriorating, as many local residents and fire fighters feared its fate.
In 2014 an interior designer with an intense passion for historic architecture relentlessly pursued a vision to restore and repurpose the fire hall. After acquiring the building in 2015, Karen Goodlow Designs and her dedicated team of professionals made that vision of its complete restoration a reality.
The Station now serves its community in a new way. We welcome you to visit our retail businesses, office spaces, and see The Station in its restored glory!